Required documents for marriage registration (the original copies are required by all) and its procedures:
1. The identity documents of both parties (identity card for compatriots; passport, resident certificate, or entry & exit permit for foreigners; the entry & exit permit stamped with “Interview passed, please apply for marriage registration” by the Department of Immigration for people from mainland China).
2. Household certificate, one photo shot in two years, and a stamper (signature).
3. For compatriots and people from mainland China, or those from specific countries and do not have permanent resident certificates issued by the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (the specific countries can be found on the website of Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs), the procedures of the marriage registration application are as follows:
(1) Citizens in mainland China should complete the marriage registration in mainland China and bring the marriage certificate and other documents to the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to apply for an interview. After passing the interview, one should carry the marriage certificate verified by the Straits Exchange Foundation to any of household registration office.
(2) People from specific countries should complete the marriage registration at their home countries and bring the marriage documents and others to the Taiwan embassy for document verification and interviews. After passing the interview, one must carry the verified marriage documents (accompanied by an examined or certified Chinese translation copy) and the Chinese name adopting statement of foreign spouse to the household registration office for application.
4. For compatriots and people from specific countries with permanent resident certificates issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or foreigners married in Taiwan, please bring the marriage certificate (the relevant information such as the signature of two witnesses), the foreign spouse Declaration of the Chinese Name Statement, Marriage Status Verification Document by the embassy and the Chinese translation and register by both parties at any household registration office.
★Advisory unit: any household registration office in Taiwan