The breeding sources are the places where infected mosquitoes' larvae and/or pupae live. For Dengue fever, the breeding sources are all the water storage containers. The only way to eliminate breeding sources is to keep all the containers neat and tidy, and to avoid discarding water storage containers. For instance:
- (1) Put small stones or colorful colloids in the container, and the water level should not be higher than the top of stones/colloids.
- (2) Place mosquito fish like Guppy, Belly fish, or Taiwanese Fighting fish into containers of aquatic plants.
- (1) Store the unused containers upside down.
- (2) Place lids or seals on the containers when in use.
- (3) If the containers need to be left open for special reasons, you can raise some mosquito fish or Cyclopidae in it.