skip to main content

weather_icon
21-25
110-04-21 Wed.
PRINT(OPEN NEW WINDOW) Tauyuan OpenAPI SHERE TO「Facebook」(OPEN NEW WINDOW)   SHERE TO「Plurk」【OPEN NEW WINDOW】   SHERE TO「Twitter」【OPEN NEW WINDOW】   L  M  S

Latest News


Taoyuan City Government was assessed and received a Great Performance Award in the 2019 New Immigrants Care Service Performance Assessment. We will continue to provide diverse and friendly services to meet the needs of new immigrants.

Release Unit:
Department of Public Information
Release Date:
2021-01-13
Providers:
Press Liaison Section


Cheng Wen-Tsan, Mayor of Taoyuan City, presided over the municipal meeting today (January 13th) and accepted the Great Performance Award of 2019 New Immigrants Care Service Performance Assessment presented by New Immigrant Service Center. Mayor Cheng stated that this assessment was conducted by the Ministry of the Interior. With relevant ministries, conferences, scholars, and experts invited, it is to conduct assessments for 16 local governments across the country. Taoyuan was awarded in the assessment in 2017 and again in 2019, representing the continued progress regarding the care of new immigrants in Taoyuan. The City Government will continue to expand administrative resources related to new immigrants and provide more diverse and friendly services to meet the needs of new immigrants.

 

Mayor Cheng said that Taoyuan's current population of new immigrants is about 62,885, ranking fourth in the country, second only to Taipei, Kaohsiung, and New Taipei City. Among them, the Chinese account for 62%, and the rest 38% includes Vietnamese, Indonesian, and Thai. The City Government actively promotes new immigrants related policies. Following the establishment of the New Immigrants Service Center in 2017, the opening of the New Immigrants Cultural Hall in 2018, and the establishment of the North District New immigrants Learning Center in January 2021, the Department of Social Welfare shall establish the New Immigrants' Affairs Division, and it is expected that the New Immigrants Development Center will also be established in the Xinming Market in Zhongli by the end of 2021.

 
相關圖片
Taoyuan City Government was assessed and received a Great Performance Award in the 2019 New Immigrants Care Service Performance Assessment. We will continue to provide diverse and friendly services to meet the needs of new immigrants.
Back Home TOP